- Exhibits & Animals
- IMAX Movies
- Visit the Aquarium
- Fun & Learning
- Conservation & Research
You know you’re working at an interesting place when you can say hello to harbor seals every morning and where sea turtles follow you as you walk by their habitat!
When you join The Maritime Aquarium team, you'll have fun at work as you help us provide the ultimate entertaining, educational and inspiring experience for our visitors.
Browse the listings below and match your abilities, interests and hours to our available positions.
Our full-time positions offer an excellent benefits package.
Download an Application for Employment.pdf
Applications accepted daily. Inquire at main entrance. 10 North Water Street, Norwalk, CT 06854. Directions here.
The Maritime Aquarium is an (EOE) equal opportunity employer.
The Maritime Aquarium conducts background investigations on all candidates for paid staff and volunteer positions, which may include but are not limited to the following:
Due to the nature of certain positions, The Maritime Aquarium may perform additional checks as required.
Our success revolves around creating a company of individuals, excited about our guests, passionate for our mission, absolutely committed to excellence. Much will be expected of you. In turn, you are backed by a supporting cast ready to rally to your support and do whatever it takes to ensure flawless experiences for our guests.
The Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk, Inc. is a private, non-profit, 501(c)(3) corporation. The Maritime Aquarium inspires people of all ages to appreciate and protect the Long Island Sound ecosystem and the global environment through living exhibits, marine science and environmental education. We attract 450,000 visitors per year, about 85,000 of them school kids on field trips.
We offer an excellent brand with strong recognition. Our Aquarium just received TripAdvisor’s Traveler’s Choice Award; reviewers ranked us among the top 25 aquariums in America and #1 in New England. Our Aquarium is accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA) conforming to the highest standards of animal care and visitor safety. Of 2,795 animal exhibitors in America licensed by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), only 222 – or less than eight percent – earn AZA accreditation.
Works with minimal supervision and provides support for cashiers and ticket takers at Maritime Aquarium public admission areas and for ushers and concessionaires for the IMAX Theater.
• Minimum Qualifications:
• Two year college degree or high school diploma with customer service experience.
• Excellent computer skills with knowledge of Excel, Word, Power Point and Microsoft Publisher
• 2 years supervisory experience in retail, banking, or other cashiering environment.
• Strong command of the English language and excellent mathematical skills with attention to details.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Able to move quickly and with ease through crowded public areas; up and down stairs.
• Able to work weekends and holidays.
• Essential Functions:
• Assists Visitor Services management team in all areas of the Visitor Services function, including, but not limited to screening candidates for employment, processing and orienting new hires
• Supervises cashiers, operator and ushers in daily working environment.
• Assists Visitor Services management team in the preparation and distribution of daily and weekly schedules for operators, cashiers and ushers, including the preparation of lunch schedules for the brown bag room and staff.
• Resolves problems with visitors and supports cashiers’ and ushers’ customer service decisions to resolve visitor problems in difficult situations, on an as needed basis.
• Supports cashiers and ushers in a troubleshooting capacity.
• Trains new staff and implements staff development programs, including role-playing with employees in groups and on an individual basis, to produce exceptional customer service standards.
• Oversee reconciliation of daily sales and bank deposits.
• Oversee daily safe counts. Provides change to cashiers throughout the day.
• Attends and participates in staff training and meetings as scheduled by Visitor Services management.
• Record employee attendance using weekly schedule – reporting problems to management.
• Assists in the preparation of daily and monthly recap reports.
• Maintains a clean and organized workstation.
• Maintains supplies and stock at both entrances:
• Randomly check speeches at lunch room, employee phone use, and listening for zip codes being asked by cashiers.
• Throughout the day check to see that counters and booths are clean and that all packages, and mail is given to the receptionist.
• Check that counters, radios, reconciliation, and balance and settles are brought to the box office at the end of the shift.
• Make copies and organize daily group schedule the day before so that the floor staff is prepared in the morning.
• Assign shift posts; rotate between bus circle, cashiers and ushers
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We have immediate openings in our Visitor Services Department! We're looking for bright, fun, outgoing folks with great customer service and communications skills. Cash handling experience and computer literacy a must. Position requires ability to work one weekend day and some holidays. Duties include cashier, usher, IMAX movie usher and IMAX theater concession attendant (selling candy, popcorn and soft drinks, plus cleaning and re-stocking the concession stand).
You may apply in person: The Maritime Aquarium, 10 North Water Street, Norwalk, CT 06854. Open 7 days, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Fax: 203-838-5416.