TeMPEST is an engaging and educational after-school program with five main objectives for our participants:
- An increased understanding of STEM concepts and how they are relevant.
- Discover what characteristics they are looking for in a college.
- An enthusiastic attitude about STEM related topics.
- Learn transferable skills that will help them achieve success in professional and academic settings.
- Become more knowledgeable about the important role Long Island Sound plays in the community and how they can actively work to conserve it.
Other benefits of TeMPEST include:
- A fun, safe, and educational after-school opportunity
- Meet new people! including peers, students in similar programs at other institutions, and staff in all departments of The Maritime Aquarium
- Educators are happy to write college recommendation letters
- Visit many different college campuses, science institutions, museums, and conservation centers